Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duality
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 13
Location, where do you live? : Fridley MN
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:52 am

well I am Looking to buy two new guns and I was looking at the WE Baby Hicapas and was going to check out when I wondered if you could put a threaded barrel on it or if there is a better gun that is in the same price range
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith

Number of posts : 99
Location, where do you live? : Berkeley, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:09 am

What is your price range, and what do you want to accomplish with them?

WE has a sordid past, and their Hi Capas are the worst ones they make. If you are looking for two compact 1911 style guns, I think the 1911 3.8 Compact is a better choice. The TM Hi Capa 4.3 trumps all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duality
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:15 am

Well Im just looking for two smaller guns that put out a lot of power for around $250 in all without the spare clips
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wege
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:09 am

Do you mean as standard? If you do then " Nope, sorry"
If you mean after some upgrades (valves, springs etc) then yeah sure the WE 1911s (as hkssr20det has mentioned). If it is just a shorter slide you are after then the Tm 4.3 is an exceedingly worthy choice - and you don't have to do anything to it at all.

hkssr20det- I would not have classified the TM 4.3 as a 'Compact' when it is far larger than the Glock 19.. which IS a designated compact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:15 am

True. I guess the true compact 1911s are the WE Compacts, and the TM Detonics. If the Detonics had better mag gas capacity (ie would shoot more the 14 shots a mag fill) then they would be my recommendation. True compact, good build, great gun.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duality
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:20 am

well with out up grades just realy good out of the box and im talking like 250 for both not each and I want a threaded barrel but that can be separate

and where can I find the TM Hi Capa 4.3 scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wege
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:46 pm

Ermm.. You can blow that budget goodbye then.
Ain't going to happen for that price UNLESS you find some really good special deals with your US suppliers/retailers afaik.

Hang on.. Are the KSC Glock 19s considered 'high-powered' out of the box for you? (top fps of ~300-320fps)
I know of where to get two of them brand new.. for.. ooo. .under your budget.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:52 pm

I would second the Glock 19s. I actually would suggest getting two KWA Glock 19s from Poweredge USA, since they do come stock with a metal slide and outer barrel. They will take a lot of abuse.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Location, where do you live? : Walnut Creek, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:05 pm

Ya I am in love with my KWA g19. Although I shouldn't have gotten the max and just have put the spring and flow valve in myself and gotten better ones. Poweredge USA has always seemed overpriced to me. Airsoft GI has then for $10 less I think.

Duality
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:46 am

Wege wrote:
Ermm.. You can blow that budget goodbye then.
Ain't going to happen for that price UNLESS you find some really good special deals with your US suppliers/retailers afaik.

Hang on.. Are the KSC Glock 19s considered 'high-powered' out of the box for you? (top fps of ~300-320fps)
I know of where to get two of them brand new.. for.. ooo. .under your budget.. Smile

Well the WE Baby is only 280fps so yea those would work but can I get a link to the website you mentioned or something

And to the rest of the guys is it possible to buy threaded barrels for the KSC G19s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:20 pm

Duality wrote:

And to the rest of the guys is it possible to buy threaded barrels for the KSC G19s

That makes me laugh, yeah there is, I have been looking for ever it seems like though to find one in stock. You choose several options though, the G&G outer threaded barrel which is only like $30 but almost impossible to find in stock. Shooters Design made one, but I think those where discontinued. Also Power Edge USA has a PE outer barrel. Yet it is more than the actual gun at $135.

Duality
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:25 am

Admin wrote:
Duality wrote:

That makes me laugh, yeah there is, I have been looking for ever it seems like though to find one in stock. You choose several options though, the G&G outer threaded barrel which is only like $30 but almost impossible to find in stock. Shooters Design made one, but I think those where discontinued. Also Power Edge USA has a PE outer barrel. Yet it is more than the actual gun at $135.

Well it dosen't realy matter because the silencer will be the homemade one that RXRXSXRX posted so it can be either but you have the glock 19? Is it a good gun for the ammount of money that it will cost me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:04 am

Duality wrote:
Admin wrote:
Duality wrote:

Well it dosen't realy matter because the silencer will be the homemade one that RXRXSXRX posted so it can be either but you have the glock 19? Is it a good gun for the ammount of money that it will cost me?

Ya itís a great for the money. It has a reputation of being a great gun to start out with as well as for experienced players to tinker around with. Very solid feel, great gun all together.

Duality
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:20 am

ok well if that gun is better than the baby what about theWE dragon? because i was talking to my friend about it and he though those would be good guns

and does any know were to find part s for the famas like the EG560 Famas motor or the wires that lead to that and the battery scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PxRxSxRX
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

Number of posts : 58
Location, where do you live? : Mankato, MN
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:26 am

From what I hear it's best to stay away from the Dragon, it's apparently the worst of WE's line of 2011s.

Duality
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:30 am

well than that only leaves me with one option i guess unless any one else has any ideas on a better gun for around 115 dollars
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PxRxSxRX
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

Number of posts : 58
Location, where do you live? : Mankato, MN
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:32 am

I'm assuming you're in the market for a 2011 styled gun?

If you're really set on that price range and all metal, then WE is probably the way to go... it's not as good as TM, but is fairly upgradeable, and in my opinion seems to be a decent place to start.

Duality
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:47 am

ok well thanks for all the suggestions I will take it in to acout and post what i chose. also I live in a snowy state and i need to know is it bad to play in under 40 degrees fahrenheit or will the gun fungtion the sam this is for either gun the Baby or the G19 and will propane or red gas damage them
afro <--- me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:07 am

40 degrees is pushing it for any gas gun, but a WE will not work at all at that temperature.

For really low temperature I would suggest an AEP. If you just want the gun of blowback, shoot inside man. That temp is not gas gun friendly at all, but seriously do NOT buy the WE I would be surprised it even cycled once at that temp.

A TM will fair better since the slide is lighter weight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duality
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:13 am

ok thanks well than is the KWA g19 stil a good idea or should I get some thing else because inside is not an option for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else   

Back to top Go down

The WE Baby Hicapas or some thing else
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1