Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith

Number of posts : 99
Location, where do you live? : Berkeley, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:30 pm

This comes up often with me. People are always a little amazed at the cost of building guns to the level I like to. I think it is mostly that people are amazed that something so physically small can cost so much money.

To me the question of cost is irrelevant. A high quality, upgraded gun (AEG or otherwise) is going to cost a lot of money. Yes you can swap a spring in an AEG for cheap and now you have an "upgraded" gun, but you can do the same with a pistol. I have built an upgraded AEG in the past, and it certainly wasn't cheap, so I don't get what people are up in arms about.

If your pistol is your primary, shouldn't you invest in it, just the same as an aeg? Just wondering what other people think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovemybike
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Location, where do you live? : houston texas
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:02 pm

I think you should. Although it will cost a lot, it is just as important as any other gun you own. If its going to be your primary, you should defiantly make sure it is a good primary!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uziguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 10
Location, where do you live? : Barrie, CANADA

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:13 am

In some cases I will willing to spend more on a GBB then the real steel costs. For example my Maruzen KG9 GBB cost me $380 with 2 mags and the silencer and the real steel only costs $250.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:25 am

I don't see any reason why not to spend a bunch on your GBB. As for my 1911, I'd let my cut off limit for the amount of money I pour into it at about $1200. I know that's a lot of money, but that includes the price of the pistol itself, the upgrades, the accessories, and the spare mags.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Location, where do you live? : Walnut Creek, CA

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:21 am

If you have the money, go ahead! It all comes down to how devoted you are with airsoft and upgrading a gun that will give you a great performance.

Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:46 am

Admin wrote:
If you have the money, go ahead! It all comes down to how devoted you are with airsoft and upgrading a gun that will give you a great performance.

well, I'm pretty darn devoted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romulus
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:40 am

I'm basically in hkssr20det school of thought. While I do casually skirmish what I really like about airsoft is building up pistols and target shooting.

On the other hand part of the airsoft challenge for me is getting as good a deals as possible. I have only bought one gun (my first) new. The rest of my stuff is scavenged from different forums and e-bay.

I don't have that many expensive guns but at some point I would really like to have something to go in the $1k picture thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:58 am

Romulus wrote:
I'm basically in hkssr20det school of thought. While I do casually skirmish what I really like about airsoft is building up pistols and target shooting.

On the other hand part of the airsoft challenge for me is getting as good a deals as possible. I have only bought one gun (my first) new. The rest of my stuff is scavenged from different forums and e-bay.

I don't have that many expensive guns but at some point I would really like to have something to go in the $1k picture thread.

that'swhat I usually do. I bought both of my WA MarSOC Kimber 1911's and my CA M249 used, but in great condition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevorkian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 34
Location, where do you live? : Winnipeg, Manitoba. Canada
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:10 pm

Being a collector, I feel there is "NO" limit to what I will spend $$$$.

If it's something "NEW" - I want it.
If it's something "DIFFERENT" - I need it.
And if it's got a lot of chrome - I MUST HAVE IT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Location, where do you live? : Walnut Creek, CA

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:19 pm

For me I really don't like to buy a new gun for over 150, but then i spend a bunch more a upgrade it. If I want an super high end gun that reatails for like 350 then I always look for it used since a gun costing that much stock should be pretty durable.

hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:55 pm

Unfortunately for my bank account I have developed a taste for Tanaka revolvers. They don't come cheap, but are worth every penny.

In terms of base guns for full builds, I really prefer to buy Tokyo Maruis, so the entry price is pretty low. I have two full metal Western Arms that both top 1k, I am over that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevorkian
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:29 am

I have a bad taste for the TM Hicapa 5.1. Here in Canada these guns retail for $299 + taxes (13%). That's a stock gun with one mag.
You can see how expensive it is no matter what you buy up here. We have so many importation laws & restrictions that result in higher gun prices. I would kill to buy GBB's south of the border but that ain't gonna happen. What's worse is that even our dollar is at par with the U.S and our prices here still have not even lowered?

I can only imagine how much the Canadian airsoft retailers (we have only 2 ) are making off of us! Then again they are the ones with the proper licenses & registrations to import these into Canada, why wouldn't they charge top dollar for their product /services!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:10 am

That is possibly the most ridiculous price tag I have ever seen....how much is a WE?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:13 am

hkssr20det wrote:
That is possibly the most ridiculous price tag I have ever seen....

I agree.... Dang that's a high price... You can get a WA 1911 down here and have money LEFT OVER...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevorkian
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:22 am

A WE Hicapa GBB (full metal) goes for $279.00. They are basically a clone of the TM Hicapa. Parts are interchangeable but the WE does have some reliability issues: weak slide catch, eats gas (req's hi-flow valve) and the mag well has too much slop in it when the magazine is inserted.
I had one but sold it after I upgraded one of my TM Hicapa's.

Everything up here is crazy priced...basically we're paying double on everything! Go figure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romulus
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:40 am

That's really harsh. There is no way i could handle it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevorkian
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:20 am

This is something that we have become used to, if you want to play you must "pay"!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PxRxSxRX
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

Location, where do you live? : Mankato, MN
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:25 am

Wow, that's pricey for sure...

I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to spend. I guess it'll depend solely off how much money I'm making at the time as well as how fast I plan to pay off my DWI.

Don't drink and drive kids... or people older than me. It really takes away from the budget for the fun things in life such as airsoft.

Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:48 pm

Kevorkian wrote:
This is something that we have become used to, if you want to play you must "pay"!

That's really rediculous. Are all airsoft things that over priced such as BBs, accessories, gear, etc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevorkian
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:36 pm

If it's an item on the "Restricted" list then you can expect to pay double the price for it ! Sure you can take a chance & try to import it yourself but you'll end up having that item seized & your file "RED FLAGGED" ...meaning you'll be under the watchful eye everytime you order something!

I just ordered (2) more brand new TM Hicapa 5.1 today...can you guess what I paid including taxes & shipping?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevorkian
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:41 pm

Payne06 wrote:
Kevorkian wrote:

That's really rediculous. Are all airsoft things that over priced such as BBs, accessories, gear, etc?

As for accessories, they are pretty much at par with the prices out there. It's the shipping & duties that we end up paying which adds to the total price when we receive that item when it passes through Customs. We end up doing group orders to save the shipping costs. Those Hong Kong retailers charge you a minimum of $50 bucks to ship anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearldrummer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:22 am

my answer?

around $750 plus my own custom work (hand made parts, hand polished parts, modified RS parts, etc...)

here is my baby!

it is a little smugged in this picture because i was still working on it, but at the moment, it has a mirrored polish

Back to top Go down
View user profile
njsniper
New Guy
New Guy

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:30 am

First post so ya Very Happy

Anyway I say for me being a person that does not havemuch money I would spend at most 150. Maybe when I get a job more but my pistol would be my sidearm and really thats it but they are great fun. i would use it as a primary in CQB though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hattrick@asc
New Guy
New Guy

Number of posts : 3
Location, where do you live? : toronto ontario canada
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:10 am

As said before, here in canada.

TM detonics $375 from A&A
Metal slide through canadian retailer $150
Metal frame another 150
Plus tightbore, metal mag catch, new hammer and lastly more mags....another 200 or so.

sooo about $875 for one fully upgraded TM gbb.

My wallet is crying at this very moment. - alex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romulus
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:23 am

That's painful.

Where did you find a Detonics metal frame?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?   

Back to top Go down

How much are you willing to spend on a Gas Pistol?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next