Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Debating Running a TB though silencer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Location, where do you live? : Walnut Creek, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Debating Running a TB though silencer   Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:40 pm

I am not sure if I should run a TB thought the scilencer or not. I plan on putting in both a scilencer and a TB on my G19 but I just don't know if it would be practical.

Also, unless there was a way to secure it, I have no idea if the vibrations from the recoil would creat an inaccurate gun.

What do you guys think?

hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith

Number of posts : 99
Location, where do you live? : Berkeley, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Debating Running a TB though silencer   Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:44 pm

The only thing you have to worry about, all depends on the type of suppressor attachment you are using. A number of PDI units have the adapter attached via grub screws to the extended tight bore. This does mean that all the weight of the suppressor is hanging off the inner barrel.

Now if the suppressor is attached to the outer barrel, it will still have an effect on the inner barrel since it will still cause a difference in the movement of the outer barrel. Man I am not answering this very well.

Don't worry about it. Run a huge tight bore and max the power of the gun out. Any accuracy lost due to the action, will be made back up with the increased accuracy (and power) from the tight bore.

Since you are building a Glock 19, you can use any length Glock barrel (17 or 34) but you can also run a rare barrel for the KSC STI Eagle Hybrid, which is the longest stock barrel out there that will fit the hop up unit. Now DB Customs has the jig to build KSC Glock barrels (they list a Glock 34). SO you could have Dwayne cut you a barrel to exactly match the length of your suppressor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uziguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 10
Location, where do you live? : Barrie, CANADA

PostSubject: Re: Debating Running a TB though silencer   Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:18 am

I actually did this. I had a custom barrel made fro my G23F. It didnt help accuracy because the glocks have free floating inner barrels and they cant be secured enough (they need to move a little) to warrant a longer tightbore barrel. Basically it actually made accuracy worse because after each shot the barrel would wobble a bit and because the barrel was now longer it would increase the ammount that it moved and decrease accuracy.

I say dont do it! The best advice which I ignored when I was doing this was "Its just a pistol, it will never be a sniper rifle"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Location, where do you live? : Walnut Creek, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Debating Running a TB though silencer   Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:19 am

Thanks for the replys, I definatly don't want to spend a money on a longer TB that won't be accurate, thanks for warning me!

Romulus
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Debating Running a TB though silencer   Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:22 am

Just to qualify the longer inner barrel deal. In the case of Glocks it is true that they aren't effective but in other cases, like TM Hi-Capas they yeild amazing results and help a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debating Running a TB though silencer   

Back to top Go down

Debating Running a TB though silencer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1