Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: 2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time   Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:00 pm

I personally have found the 2 round burst method (pulling the trigger twice very fast) of shooting pistols to be very promising and effective. What do you guys prefer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Location, where do you live? : Walnut Creek, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time   Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:09 pm

I think it depends on the distance of the target and what they are doing. For instance if you only have a GBB and they got some M$ AEG muzzle swinging towards you, I would let loose and empty the whole clip on them. But if I where instead flanking there position I may go for an alternative and conservativly fire one or two shots.

If the distance between me ant the target is great, I would definatly fire multiple shots to ensure they get hit or feel it.

Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: 2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time   Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:18 pm

Admin wrote:
I think it depends on the distance of the target and what they are doing. For instance if you only have a GBB and they got some M$ AEG muzzle swinging towards you, I would let loose and empty the whole clip on them. But if I where instead flanking there position I may go for an alternative and conservativly fire one or two shots.

If the distance between me ant the target is great, I would definatly fire multiple shots to ensure they get hit or feel it.

well, my WA 1911 came stock with a tightbore and I could pick people off at the same distances and sometimes greater distances than their AEGs could reach! Seriously! One of the opposing players actually thought I was using an AEG due to how straight and precise my shots were!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Location, where do you live? : Walnut Creek, CA

PostSubject: Re: 2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time   Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Payne06 wrote:
Admin wrote:

well, my WA 1911 came stock with a tightbore and I could pick people off at the same distances and sometimes greater distances than their AEGs could reach! Seriously! One of the opposing players actually thought I was using an AEG due to how straight and precise my shots were!!!

So then you would say its worth it to by a TB? Did you have a 6.01mm or bigger?

Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: 2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time   Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Payne06 wrote:
Admin wrote:

So then you would say its worth it to by a TB? Did you have a 6.01mm or bigger?

I think the one that came in mine was a 6.03 or something like that. I'm not sure though since it was a stock part rather than an aftermarket part. Yeah though, tightbores are a descent upgrade if you have extra cash to spend. Personally, I'm let my first upgrade be a highflow valve, and upgraded recoil/hammer springs. Then I'd get some spare mags for it way before I'd go the route of a TB. Also, if you gat a TB, then you MUST use high grade BBs. I used .25g BBs in my WA 1911 for improved accuracy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith

Number of posts : 99
Location, where do you live? : Berkeley, CA

PostSubject: Re: 2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time   Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:49 pm

SCW Western Arms come stock with 6.03mm inner barrels. PDI also manufactures 6.01mm barrels for the SCW3 system (they just released a SCW2 barrel for 6").

In the end, the greatest upgrade that can be made for the power and accuracy of a pistol is swapping to the tightest inner barrel you can. I have seen gains of 20-40fps using PDI 6.01mm tight bores. I also have never had a pistol jam on me, but I do only use high quality bbs.

Also the 2-shot method is commonly called "double-tapping" and is a common LE/Military style. I know the Seals are reputed to train for a quick double tap in the heart, and one to the brain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovemybike
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Location, where do you live? : houston texas

PostSubject: Re: 2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time   Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:55 pm

I prefer 2 shot burst, its effective, and you dont waste a whole lot of ammo. And if anything is affecting the barrel of the gun, the first bb has time to clean or move debris from the area, and then the 2nd bb will have a clean shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uziguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 10
Location, where do you live? : Barrie, CANADA

PostSubject: Re: 2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time   Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:30 am

Yes the doubletap is my fav. It sounds way meaner to and it just feels more tactical then single shots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: 2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time   Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:53 am

hkssr20det wrote:
SCW Western Arms come stock with 6.03mm inner barrels. PDI also manufactures 6.01mm barrels for the SCW3 system (they just released a SCW2 barrel for 6").

In the end, the greatest upgrade that can be made for the power and accuracy of a pistol is swapping to the tightest inner barrel you can. I have seen gains of 20-40fps using PDI 6.01mm tight bores. I also have never had a pistol jam on me, but I do only use high quality bbs.

Also the 2-shot method is commonly called "double-tapping" and is a common LE/Military style. I know the Seals are reputed to train for a quick double tap in the heart, and one to the brain.

awesome! I didn't know there was a 6.01mm TB for a WA 1911. I may get one when I get my new WA 1911 Kimber
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time   

Back to top Go down

2 round bursts v. 1 shot at a time
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1